Directions for using the Rehearse-O-Matic™ can be found below.
With apologies, the Rehearse-O-Matic does not yet work on mobile devices. However, you can download and play the individual music files.
To use the Rehearse-O-Matic to learn and practice your part:
- Select your section from the top menu.
- Select a song title from the bottom menu.
- Click the Play button to listen to the song.
- Slide the volume control to adjust the volume.
- Slide the balance control to move between the left and right channels. (Your vocal part is isolated in the left channel, while the other parts are mixed in the right channel.)
- Drag the triangular pointer to go directly to any point in the song.
To download a song:
Click the Download button on the Rehearse-O-Matic, or access the files here.
To burn an audio CD using iTunes:
- Download iTunes from Apple and install it.
- Download the sound files you need from the Rehearse-O-Matic and put them in a folder.
- Open iTunes, click "Library" from the choices in the left pane and then choose "New Playlist" from the File menu.
- The new playlist will show up in the left pane. Rename it "Alto CD" (or whatever part you sing), and then click on it to select it.
- Drag all the sound files from their folder to the right pane of the playlist window and they'll show up there.
- While still in the playlist, click the "Burn Disc" button at the top right of the iTunes window.
- Insert a CD. Once it verifies the media you'll need to click "Burn Disc" again (you'll be prompted for this).
- Wait for it to finish.
- You're done!